Friday, March 26, 2010

DOMEMASTERS

"CURVING YOUR PERSPECTIVE"

So I have been working and experimenting with the Digital Dome medium for 3 years now and I am getting the hang of this industry.
Due to spending the last few semesters branding my company Arisontime, I have figured out through testing that the name has no resonance with my target market. Arison is a name I came up with for my self as DJ name after ending a night with a sunrise on a North Carolina beach. There are several tall tales from that night... Arison + Tim + E had a ring to it (A-Risen-Time) better lettered Arisontime. It has been 12 years since this night on the beach... and I am changing the name and focus of my company.

In working in the Digital Dome medium one of the constant words used is domemaster.
A domemaster is a rendered image usually in the .png or .jpg format that is intended for projection in a digital dome projection environment. Domemasters are usually around 3600 x 3600 and take a while to render on just one machine. This is why I had to create renderfarms a few years ago to do my artwork. My last renderfarm masterpiece
is sitting at the University of Colorado Denver in the Tech 127 Mac Research Lab. It consists of 36 Mac Pro Octocore machines. The server is the teachers station and the Clients are the rest of the computers in the room.

Achieving this abundance of Technology is rare. It is Especially rare when a person has the perspective that I have on the fulldome medium. With this renderfarm coupled with the Gates Planetarium I have become a one man force to be reckoned with in the Fulldome industry.

The new name for my company is

DOMEMASTERS
domemasters.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tim-E said...

謝謝 王志竹

我確實推進數字式圓頂藝術

Anonymous said...

人並不是生來要吃敗仗的。人可被毀滅,但不可被擊倒。..................................................................